Pitching the media to grow your visibility helps you get seen. Many public relations firms charge big money to advocate for you and ‘sell your story.' We take a different approach and it ends up delivering a far better return on investment for our clients. If you want to connect with media, we've got contacts, systems, and processes that work.
1. We count on you (or someone on your team) to create a draft of a pitch after we strategize – since you will know your subject matter better than us.
2. We will edit the pitch.
3. We will strategize on IDing contacts.
4. We will research and create an excel spreadsheet of names, phone numbers, email addresses, social media or intended contacts (up to 100/mo)
5. You (or someone on your internal team) should serve as the point of contact. 3rd party PR representation has been getting less and less effective (and more expensive). Journalists would rather hear directly from you. This makes the connection far more authentic. We'll advise on doing a simple mail-merge or you can just email each contact directly.
6. We will advise on any communication with journalist and advise on follow-up process when/if you do or do not hear back.
Most PR agencies would charge $3K-$8K monthly to manage pitching for clients. We've been testing our method for 5+ years. It works FAR more effectively than completely outsourcing your outreach.